The suitability of plant protection equipment is an important factor in the effectiveness of agricultural spraying.
The good operation of our spraying machine ensures that it is able to meet the demands of our work, always prioritizing health, safety and environmental protection.
Tubes calibrated, leak-free, with the appropriate nozzles are more effective in plant protection operations, avoid dispersing spraying liquid in non-target organisms such as adjacent crops and / or uncultivated areas by the unwanted transport of droplet droplets, thereby protecting the environment and bee.
The pesticide applicator should have the ability to carry out a basic and necessary inspection of his equipment, which he can apply initially before spraying starts, and then throughout the growing season on a regular basis.
Some basic preconditions before using our field sprinkler machines are:
- It has been manufactured in accordance with EU standards.
- Respond to the controls applied by the EU on sprays for more than five years.*
- It must be accompanied by a manual of use and good functioning that each farmer must have read and in particular carefully follow.
There are some critical points in spraying machines which are the duty of derivatives to control and maintain in order to effectively and safely apply plant protection products to their crops.
- The tank of the spraying machine which must be in good condition and not leak.
- Good operation of the power drive “cross” from the tractor’s dynamometer to our spraying machine. It is necessary to lubricate the whole system and the cross has the appropriate plastic caps.
- The filters of the spraying machine must be in place, clean and wearable immediately. Usually we have a bag-type central filter in the tank fill opening, a suction filter between the tank and the pump, depression filters on the pipes between the control and injectors and one in each nozzle.
- The lid of the tank, which must be flat, should be closed so that when the container is full, there is no leakage of spraying liquid. There must always be a ventilation hole open on the lid so that no vacuum is created in the tank when it drains, resulting in problems in the flow of the spraying liquid to the pump.
- In the pump, change the oil according to the manufacturer’s instructions and check the oil level after each use. Any leaks in the pump but also vibration are problems that need to be repaired immediately.
- The “bubble” of spraying pumps with reciprocating pumps must have the pressure specified by the manufacturer’s specifications so that there are no problems with pressure fluctuations.
- The pressure gauge (glycerin gauge) should work correctly in place (on the controller) and be of the appropriate diameter specified by law.
- All valves open and close without leaks on the controller and the pressure regulator must work properly. The same is the central isolating lever of the spraying operation.
- All spraying fluid transport pipes must be free from distortion, deformation, wear and leakage. In all other cases, immediate replacement is made. We also do not have leaks at the pump connection points with the tank, the controller.
- For nozzles we check for damage. Replacement is done with the same characteristic parts. The injectors must be the same (type, material, size, origin) to have the same supply that can be measured and symmetrically distributed to the spray boom. Equally important is the good operation of the nozzle filters. On their base the nozzles should have anti-root devices. It is also possible to isolate each nozzle separately.
- Our sprinkler must have a readable level indicator of the amount of water in its tank for accuracy in the amount of water required.
- The mixing valves must work properly and stir the spraying liquid. With clean water to the waist of the tank, the stirring function is shown.
- The fan guard is in good condition.
It is necessary to draw up a spray control paper and to educate the producer on it from the groups of derivatives to familiarize producers with the necessary process of inspection of their equipment.
* It is clear that the legislative framework provides for periodic control of sprays in accordance with Law 4036/2012 incorporating the provisions of the EU Directive 2009/128 / EC into Greek legislation and introducing a regular inspection of used pesticide application equipment.
The operator of plant protection products must in any case comply with the above legislation and of course with the instructions for the label of plant protection products. Also check with all spray protection measures.